Cozy Recipe Of The Week - Autumn Black Bean Chili
With the feeling of chill in the air as the seasons change, there's nothing more comforting than a simmering pot of spicy, smoky chili on the stove. Try out this tried and true recipe that is a sure family favorite. From local grown beef to fresh veggies, tomatoes, and spices, this perfect combination of ingredients will make your mouth water long before it's time to eat!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Grama Grass grass fed ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium yellow onion, medium dice
- 3 cloves garlic, small dice
- 2 MASA Seed Foundation Caballero Jalapenos, 8 oz
- 2 Tbsp Savory Spice chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 15oz red kidney beans
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes or puree
- 1 bunch cilantro, rough chop
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Corn, zucchini, squash, other peppers
- In medium stockpot, add olive oil, beef, pork, and onions. Saute over medium high heat until meat is browned.
- Add garlic, serranos, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne. Saute for another couple minutes.
- Add bell peppers, beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cover and slowly bring to a light simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped cilantro and stir.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips or cornbread